Hair is a lot more than just a pile of dead cells on the top of your head!
Did you know that:
- The FDA does not allow hair products to have a SPF rating because there is not a reliable way to keep ingredients attached to the hair.
- Build-up, humidity and dryness makes a good or bad hair day.
- A strand of hair is stronger than a strand of copper wire of the same diameter.
- Changes in texture are due to weather, hormones and age.
- 40% of women in the USA are unhappy with their hair because it is too fine, too limp or too flat.
- 50% of a person’s hair will be gray by 50 years of age.
- People with blond hair and light brown hair have the thinnest strands of hair.
- People with black, dark brown or red hair have the thickest diameter of hair.
- The U.S. has the largest population of redheads (2-6%), with the largest density of redheads being in Scotland (13%).
- Humidity effects damaged hair more.